This is the website of Profiles International, LLC
Our postal address is:
Profiles Office Park
5205 Lake Shore Drive
Waco, TX 76710
We can be reached via email: Profiles@profilesinternational.com
Or you can reach us by telephone: 866-751-1644
Profiles International, LLC, a subsidiary of John Wiley & Sons, Inc. (Wiley)
Effective Date: 03/03/17
Wiley participates in and has certified its compliance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework. Wiley is committed to subjecting all personal data received from European Union (EU) member countries, in reliance on the Privacy Shield Framework, to the Framework’s applicable Principles. To learn more about the Privacy Shield Framework, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield List. https://www.privacyshield.gov/list
Wiley is responsible for the processing of personal data it receives, under the Privacy Shield Framework, and subsequent transfers to third parties acting as agents on its behalf. Wiley complies with the Privacy Shield Principles for all onward transfers of personal data from the EU, including the onward transfer liability provisions.
With respect to personal data received or transferred pursuant to the Privacy Shield Framework, Wiley is subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. In certain situations, Wiley may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S.-based third party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request.
Under certain conditions, more fully described on the Privacy Shield website https://www.privacyshield.gov/article?id=How-to-Submit-a-Complaint, you may invoke binding arbitration when other dispute resolution procedures have been exhausted.
How We Collect Information
Wiley collects information from you in two ways: directly from your input and automatically through Wiley’s website technologies.
Information You Provide
The types of personal information that Wiley collects directly from you may include:
- Contact details, such as your name, email address, postal address and telephone number;
- IP addresses;
- Usernames and passwords;
- Comments, feedback, posts and other content you submit to a Wiley service; and
- Communication preferences.
In order to access certain content and to make use of additional functionality and features of Wiley’s websites and services, we may ask you to register for an account by completing and submitting a registration form, which may request additional information.
Information We Receive From Other Sources
Wiley may hold information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We also work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Use of Your Information
Wiley may use your personal information in the following ways:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with information about products and services that you request from us;
- To provide you with information about other products, events and services we offer that are similar to those you have already purchased or inquired about or other communications containing information about new products and services or upcoming events of ours, our affiliates and non-affiliated third parties such as societies and sponsors, if you have consented to receive this information;
- For internal business and research purposes and to help enhance, evaluate and develop our websites, products and services and to develop new products and services;
- To notify you about changes or updates to our websites;
- To notify you about changes or updates to our products and services if you have consented to receive this information;
- To respond to your requests, inquiries, comments or concerns;
- To administer our services and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, statistical and survey purposes;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so; and
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- For any other purpose that we may notify you of from time to time, providing that we have sought your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
Wiley will not disclose your personal information to any third party except as follows:
- Where necessary in connection with services provided by intermediaries, who are required to comply with this policy. These service providers provide us with a wide range of office, administrative, information technology, production and business management services;
- If you voluntarily provide information in response to an advertisement, with the third party serving the advertisement;
- In certain situations, Wiley may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. In order to comply with a subpoena or other legal process, when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, to enforce our Terms and Conditions or to protect the rights, property or safety of our services, users or others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request; and
- In the event that all or substantially all of the business or assets of Wiley relating to this service are sold or otherwise assigned to another entity, personally identifiable information may be transferred to such entity; and
- Where necessary in connection with providing publishing services on behalf of third parties, such as institutions and societies, providing we have your consent.
Wiley may disclose to carefully chosen third parties navigational and transactional information in the form of anonymous, aggregate usage statistics (including "page views" on this website and the products therein) and demographics but only in forms that do not reveal your identity or personal information.
Cross Border Transfers
Wiley may transfer your personal information outside of your country of residence for the following reasons:
- In order to process your transactions. This may occur on servers in countries other than the country where you live. Wiley has servers and major office locations in several countries, in particular in the United States, the United Kingdom, Germany, Singapore, Brazil, India and Australia and has service providers located in India and the Philippines amongst other countries. Such processing may include, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services.
- In order to satisfy global reporting requirements. Wiley may be required to provide your personal information to Wiley affiliates in other countries.
Swiss Safe Harbour: Wiley complies with the US-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the US Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from Switzerland. Wiley has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view our certification page, please visit https://safeharbor.export.gov/swisslist.aspx
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to us; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use all commercially reasonable efforts to prevent unauthorized access to such information.
As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically. This information may include Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data to analyze trends in the aggregate and administer the site.
Upon request, Wiley will provide you with information about whether we hold, or process on behalf of a third party, any of your personal information. To request this information please contact us at email@example.com. You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) and shall seek your consent to use your data for such marketing purposes or to disclose your information to any third party for such marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the consent forms we use when collecting your personal data. If at any point you wish to access your personal information by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may do the same for postal mail or by sending an email to email@example.com, (2) review the accuracy, or (3) correct, supplement or modify your information, you may do so by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that you may still receive transactional communications from Wiley.
We may retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter information on our registration or order forms, we encrypt that information (such as login credentials) using secure socket layer technology (SSL). Our entire site is SSL encrypted.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Information Related to Data Collected for our Clients
Wiley collects information under the direction of its Clients, and has no direct relationship with the participants whose personal data it processes. If you are a participant of one of our Clients and would no longer like to be contacted by one of our Clients that use our service, please contact the Client that you interact with directly. We may transfer personal information to companies that help us provide our service. Transfers to subsequent third parties are covered by the service agreements with our Clients.
A participant who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data should direct his query to Wiley’s Client (the data controller). If requested to remove or access data we will respond within 30 days.
We will retain personal data we process on behalf of our Clients for as long as needed to provide services to our Client. Wiley will retain this personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
We allow third party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our websites. These companies may be placing and reading cookies in the cookie file of the browser on your computer’s hard disk or using web beacons or other technologies to collect information in the course of ads being served on this website. These companies may use information other than personal information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to these and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. To opt-out of this type of advertising, click here [or if located in the European Union click here, or you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp, or, follow the instructions for opting out provided in the third party ad servers’ privacy and data protection policies.
We reserve the right to modify this privacy statement at any time, so please review it frequently. If we make material changes to this policy, we will notify you here, by email, or by means of a notice on our home page prior to the changes becoming effective.
In relation to personal Data processed within the US under the Safe Harbour framework, Wiley has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the US-Swiss Safe Harbor Principles to an independent dispute resolution mechanism, the ICDR/AAA. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed by Wiley, please use the following processes.
The dispute may be filed on-line utilizing the AAA WebFile® at https://apps.adr.org/webfile. The filing party ("claimant") will submit via AAA WebFile a Demand for Arbitration and copies of any supporting documents the claimant wishes to enter into evidence. There are no filing fees for an EU or Swiss Claimant. The filing party may also file a case by mail or fax, please complete the appropriate form(s) and forward to AAA/ICDR, Case Filing Services, International Centre for Dispute Resolution, A Division of the American Arbitration Association, Case Filing Services, 1101 Laurel Oak Road, Suite 100, Voorhees, NJ 08043, Phone: (856) 435-6401, Toll free number in the US (877) 495-4185, Fax number (877) 304-8457, Fax number outside the US: (212) 484-4178, Email box: email@example.com
Any other comments, complaints or questions concerning this policy or complaints about our use of your personal information should be addressed by directing your comments to:
Attn: Rights Dept.
Profiles Office Park
5205 Lake Shore Drive
Waco, TX 76710