This is the website of Profiles International, LLC
Our postal address is:
Profiles Office Park
5205 Lake Shore Drive
Waco, TX 76710
We can be reached via email: Profiles@profilesinternational.com
Or you can reach us by telephone: 866-751-1644
Wiley will seek to ensure that any identifiable personal information it collects during the registration and purchasing processes will be adequate, relevant and not excessive for purposes of operating its websites or any of its services and it will be kept accurate and up-to-date based on the information provided.
How We Collect Information
Wiley collects information from you in two ways: directly from your input and automatically through Wiley’s website technologies.
Information You Provide
The types of personal information that Wiley collects directly from you may include:
- Contact details, such as your name, email address, postal address and telephone number;
- IP addresses;
- Educational and professional interests and background information;
- Usernames and passwords;
- Payment information, such as a credit or debit card number;
- Comments, feedback, posts and other content you submit to a Wiley service; and
- Communication preferences.
In order to access certain content and to make use of additional functionality and features of Wiley’s websites and services, we may ask you to register for an account by completing and submitting a registration form, which may request additional information.
If you choose to register and sign in by using a third party account (such as your Facebook account), the authentication of your login is handled by the third party. Wiley will collect your name, email address and any other information about your third party account that you agree to share with us at the time you give permission for your Wiley account to be linked to your third party account.
Information We Receive From Other Sources
Wiley may hold information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We also work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Use of Your Information
Wiley may use your personal information in the following ways:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with information about products and services that you request from us;
- To send you periodic catalogues from Wiley, if you have consented to receive them;
- To provide you with information about other products, events and services we offer that are similar to those you have already purchased or inquired about or other communications containing information about new products and services or upcoming events of ours, our affiliates and non-affiliated third parties such as societies and sponsors, if you have consented to receive this information;
- For internal business and research purposes and to help enhance, evaluate and develop our websites, products and services and to develop new products and services;
- To notify you about changes or updates to our websites;
- To notify you about changes or updates to our products and services if you have consented to receive this information;
- To respond to your requests, inquiries, comments or concerns;
- To administer our services and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, statistical and survey purposes;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so; and
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- For any other purpose that we may notify you of from time to time, providing that we have sought your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
Wiley will not disclose your personal information to any third party except as follows:
- Where necessary in connection with services provided by intermediaries, who are required to comply with this policy. These service providers provide us with a wide range of office, administrative, information technology, production and business management services;
- If you voluntarily provide information in response to an advertisement, with the third party serving the advertisement;
- In order to comply with the law or requests by law enforcement agencies, to enforce our Terms and Conditions or to protect the rights, property or safety of our services, users or others; and
- In the event that all or substantially all of the business or assets of Wiley relating to this service are sold or otherwise assigned to another entity, personally identifiable information may be transferred to such entity; and
- Where necessary in connection with providing publishing services on behalf of third parties, such as institutions and societies, providing we have your consent.
Wiley may disclose to carefully chosen third parties navigational and transactional information in the form of anonymous, aggregate usage statistics (including “page views” on this website and the products therein) and demographics but only in forms that do not reveal your identity or personal information.
Cross Border Transfers
Wiley may transfer your personal information outside of your country of residence for the following reasons:
- In order to process your transactions. This may occur on servers in countries other than the country where you live. Wiley has servers and major office locations in several countries, in particular in the United States, the United Kingdom, Germany, Singapore, Brazil, India and Australia and has service providers located in India and the Philippines amongst other countries. Such processing may include, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services.
- In order to satisfy global reporting requirements. Wiley may be required to provide your personal information to Wiley affiliates in other countries.
Safe Harbour: Wiley complies with the US-EU Safe Harbor Framework and US-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the US Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from European Union member countries and Switzerland. Wiley has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view our certification page, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to us; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use all commercially reasonable efforts to prevent unauthorized access to such information.
Disclosure in Chat Rooms or Forums
You should be aware that identifiable personal information–such as your name or e-mail address–that you voluntarily disclose and that is accessible to other users (e.g. on bulletin boards or in chat areas) could be collected and disclosed by others. Wiley cannot take any responsibility for such collection and disclosure.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) and shall seek your consent to use your data for such marketing purposes or to disclose your information to any third party for such marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the consent forms we use when collecting your personal data. If at any point you wish to access your personal information to (1) change your preferences, (2) review the accuracy, or (3) correct, supplement or modify your information, you may do so here for electronic communications for emails or by sending an email to email@example.com. You may do the same here for postal mail or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that you may still receive transactional communications from Wiley.
Some territories have national laws requiring a local Data Protection Officer (for example Singapore and Germany). Please click here for the relevant contact details.
In relation to personal Data processed within the US under the Safe Harbour framework, Wiley has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the US-EU and US-Swiss Safe Harbor Principles to an independent dispute resolution mechanism, the ICDR/AAA. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed by Wiley, please use the following processes.
The dispute may be filed on-line utilizing the AAA WebFile® at https://apps.adr.org/webfile. The filing party (“claimant”) will submit via AAA WebFile a Demand for Arbitration and copies of any supporting documents the claimant wishes to enter into evidence. There are no filing fees for an EU or Swiss Claimant. The filing party may also file a case by mail or fax, please complete the appropriate form(s) and forward to AAA/ICDR, Case Filing Services, International Centre for Dispute Resolution, A Division of the American Arbitration Association, Case Filing Services, 1101 Laurel Oak Road, Suite 100, Voorhees, NJ 08043, Phone: (856) 435-6401, Toll free number in the US (877) 495-4185, Fax number (877) 304-8457, Fax number outside the US: (212) 484-4178, Email box: email@example.com
Any other comments, complaints or questions concerning this policy or complaints about our use of your personal information should be addressed by directing your comments to the Data Protection Officers through our Data Protection Contact Us page or entering your comments through our general Wiley Contact Us pages.